The heaviest loads and the biggest adventures. Bring it on with the Hitchgate MAX.
A 350 lb load rating and optional cargo basket make the Hitchgate MAX our most stout option in the Hitchgate lineup. Whether you need a place to mount your spare tire or carry additional cargo, the Hitchgate MAX can make it happen. Hitchgate MAX can support up to a 38″ tire on full-size trucks and SUV’s.
- Increases utility with optional fluid and recovery jack mounting options
- Secondary locking pin keeps gate open when parked on steep terrain and padlock compatible to keep it closed.
- Thicker tubing and additional gussets for maximum stiffness
- Polyurethane wheel cone and lockable U-bar (threaded hub) lightening fast and tool-free wheel mounting and dismounting
- Adjustable wheel support plate
- Optional cargo basket
- Integrated License Plate Mount
- Dual integrated mounting options for Hi-Lift Jack
- Dual-Rotopax mount to carry 2 Rotopax cans.
- Includes Wedge Lock and all mounting hardware.
Max Specific Accessories:
- Cargo Basket Kit CBEXP1
- Dual Rotopax Kit RPM32879 (use with or without Cargo Basket)
- Rotopax 3 Gallon Gas cans RX-3G
- Horizontal Hi-Lift Jack ONLY Bolt Kit HL60000 (can’t be used with any other accessory, works on Max only)
- 48″ All-Cast Hi-Lift Jack HLJ0485
- Horizontal Low-Rise Hi-Lift Mount aka Dan’s Hi-Lift DAN32211 (Works on Offset and Max)
- 2.5″ Hitch Adapter 32190 (Allows functioning wedgelock in a 2.5″ hitch)
- Wobble Free Hitch Extension HE31973
- Master Lock Non-Locking Hitch Pin 1465DAT
- Master Lock Locking Hitch Pin 1480DAT
- Master Lock Locking Hitch Pin Extended Length 1469DAT (recommended for 2.5″ hitches, Tacoma/Tundra/4Runner)
- Master Lock, black weather resistant lock with key 311D
- 4.5″ of clearance required from center of hitch pin hole rearward for it to be compliant with wedge lock system. You may need to relocate spare tire from underneath or modify to gain the necessary clearance.
- Max tire size of 38″ on full-size vehicles
- Not compatible with Hitchgate Accessory Plate (DRPM33470)
Additional Fitment questions at –
LEARN ~ Hitchgate Fitment Guide
**Notice of maintenance required** - Periodic tightening of the pivot bolt with a torque wrench to at least 60-70lbs every few months is needed to prevent movement on the swing arm. Also, over time replacing the Delrin washers and T handle bushings.